If you are like me, the littlest bit of stress or a change in the weather or just about anything can make your skin freak out. When my skin freaks out like that my scalp becomes an itchy dry unattractive mess. Luckily there is an all-natural way to fix it with just four ingredients. You can make it at home easily or you will soon be able to buy it in our shop.
- ¼ Cup Sweet Almond Oil
- ¼ Cup Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 10-20 Drops Peppermint Essential Oil
- 10-20 Drops Tea Tree Essential Oil
Combine everything in a dropper bottle or a squirt bottle. I use an old hair color applicator bottle. Shake well. Ta-daa you’re done. I told you it would be simple.
Keep in mind that the amount of the essential oil you use is a personal choice. I tend to use a bit more in my own products so you can adjust the amount to your preference.
How To Use:
Shake well before each use. Apply a few drops directly on to you scalp in the troubled areas. Massage the oil into your scalp taking care to make sure that the entire area is covered well. A little bit will go a long way here. Let it sit for about 20 minutes then brush your hair with a boar bristle (or similar) brush. At this point you will want to double check that you didn’t miss any spots, you can add more and brush again. Let the oil sit for about 1-2 hours then shampoo and condition as usual.
A few important things to note:
- DO NOT use this treatment on open wounds or broken skin
- If your scalp is particularly bad or you have severe dandruff it is common that after a treatment you scalp may feel hard or scaly. This is your skin healing itself. Both the essential oils are going to help kill any harmful bacteria that may be causing the scalp problem and are going to help re-balance the areas natural chemical makeup and pH. It will get better with every treatment and shampoo.
- This treatment works best when used once a week. You can extend it to twice a week for the most severe cases.
- Dandruff and dry skin are different conditions that look similar; this treatment can help with both.
That’s it for this week. Everyone have an awesome weekend!